Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blowing Insulation from the Inside Out


January 15, 2008. Here's the music room/office. My husband was busy drilling holes the size of golf balls at the top of the walls. He rented equipment and blew-in insulation.
Since the interior walls were going through resurfacing it seemed the most economical way to insulate the old house.
My first impression after insulating the house was, "my goodness it is quiet--can't hear things going on outside".
We used to hear some traffic noise from time to time, but the insulation and new storms and screens my husband installed late fall of 2007 sure muffled the outside noises.
He installed a blanket of insulation 18 inches thick on the attic floor also.
I'll follow up with an "after photo" of this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment