Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

The East Porch Rocker


A good $30 rocking chair. I bought it auction.


I like to attend auctions since we started working on this old house. You meet a lot of interesting people at auctions. I lgo with my friend Kathy--she really knows her antiques and I always learn new things from her.


I find some auctioneers are dispictable and play little cheating tricks--I try to steer clear of their sales. A few auctioneers are squeaky clean honest and I try to make time to attend their sales and show my appreciation for the way they operate.


Sometimes I stay too long on a bid, and bring an item home . . . later reflecting while I'm driving home--euphoric about a great item I bought, or scolding myself about some crazy thing I drug home.

No comments:

Post a Comment